Queen's Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where all Kuroshitsuji fans may dwell...

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRANSLATING GUIDE:

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TRANSLATING GUIDE: Empty TRANSLATING GUIDE: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Ruruchi21

Ruruchi21
Admin
Admin

Of course, to translate, you must know the language. Our raws have special case. We use the GFantasy raws for translation (because our translator is a Japanese) but we encode it into Chinese raws. There isn’t much difference in the text, anyway, but I’m not sure about the extras.

To start off, you can use MS Word or other programs alike, and then encode the text.
Basic rules would be:

1. One text cloud, one line.
2. Be typesetter friendly, use guide marks like 3rd panel, lower panel, small text with *insert the name of the character here*, SFX and such markers to help the typesetter where he will encode it.
3. Each character speaking must have a space between them, no matter how short his/her statement is.
4. Never miss a translation. Whether your own/translator’s informative notes (to help the readers), SFX or author’s note and such, put it there with a note in parenthesis, it’s the typesetters discretion to encode it or not, not yours.
5. At times when translators encounter weird phrasing or un-character-ed text cloud, you can always make a note or comment inside parenthesis to warn the typesetters and editors if it needs rephrasing.
6. If the page doesn’t have text at all, put the page number header and indicate “no text” within parenthesis… It’s easier for the typesetter like that.
7. Submit it to the editor first through posting to the respective project discussion board or ZIP it up and host it for download.

That’s it for the basic rules. Here’s a sample of an encoded translation for beginners (new typesetters-friendly)… ya better credit Chiichan if you use this somewhere else:

Spoiler:
drunken

https://queenswatchdogs.forumotion.com

2TRANSLATING GUIDE: Empty Re: TRANSLATING GUIDE: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Liesel

Dear all, do you want to translate the monthly chapters? I'm currently working on the Chapter 47 too..

3TRANSLATING GUIDE: Empty Re: TRANSLATING GUIDE: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Nagi-chan

Nagi-chan

Liesel wrote:Dear all, do you want to translate the monthly chapters? I'm currently working on the Chapter 47 too..

No... we don't wanna translate the monthly chapters... It'll be a big competition between BA and us... I think we should just work on the External Publications and dominate it...

and oh... I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself... I'm Nagi-chan... aka Hikikomori-chan in BA... I was the one who PMed you about the BT project... and yeah, I hope we can typeset your translation soon... Very Happy

4TRANSLATING GUIDE: Empty Re: TRANSLATING GUIDE: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:35 pm

Liesel

Nice to meet you here Nagi-chan

I didn't even know that BA does translation till you told me....I thought that it was just a forums where people post up their information....

Isn't BA doing BT? Anyway, I'm rushing it out now, should be able to pass the script to you soon

5TRANSLATING GUIDE: Empty Re: TRANSLATING GUIDE: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:16 am

Pokkihime

Pokkihime

Nagi-chan wrote:... I think we should just work on the External Publications and dominate it...

Sounds like we have a plan B... (I like plan B..) sunny cherry

6TRANSLATING GUIDE: Empty Re: TRANSLATING GUIDE: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:52 pm

Nagi-chan

Nagi-chan

Liesel wrote:Nice to meet you here Nagi-chan

I didn't even know that BA does translation till you told me....I thought that it was just a forums where people post up their information....

Isn't BA doing BT? Anyway, I'm rushing it out now, should be able to pass the script to you soon

uhm.. they're not really doing a scanlated version (I hope they don't wake up one day and decide to go for it)... Only the Nayama guy posts his translations for people to know what is what in the diorama... and he also does the magazine translations... yeah, I think they're all handful with he MGF release...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]